In the earlier articles, we have seen on how to practice SQL online without installation and using SQL in MS-Access. If you are writing SQL Queries on large database, it is important to Keep track of Oracle database Performance and is one of the greatest responsibilities of a database administrator. Performance tuning is necessary to improve efficiency of the database.
Reasons leading to performance tuning:
• In absence of performance tuning, computing time will be increased resulting in increased response time.
• Performance tuning is necessary to enable the system to cope with speedy business process.
• Tuning is required for optimizing hardware usage.
To identify bottlenecks and fix them is the only requirement to improve the performance of Oracle system. However, identifying and eliminating first bottleneck might not contribute to performance improvement, because there may be other bottlenecks to be fixed. Database experts recommend not to make any changes to the system until you are sure about the presence of bottlenecks.
Problems with the performance generally occur due to long response time and poor throughput. Moreover, problems may occur at application level or at the entire system level.
Tips to consider in order to improve the Oracle database Performance:
• First of all, it is great to get performance feedback from users. It is also necessary to determine the in-scope and out of scope attributes and to set the goals for performance improvement.
• Keep the statistics of OS, application and database. Absence of statistics leads to more consumption of time.
• Perform the sanity check of the operating system in order to check whether all the OS resources are being utilized or not. If over usage of any resource is found, list it down. Also check that there is no error shown by any hardware.
• Check for the mistakes found in Oracle system, such as bad SQL, bad connection management, improper or incorrect use of cursors, implementation of nonstandard parameters, deployment errors, and long full table scans etc. If problems are found, note them down for further analysis.
• Prepare a model including all the symptoms of the system to understand root causes of problems. Further, list down the actions to be taken to fix the problems and apply them in an effective order.
• Check that the changes you made have affected the system the way you wanted. If not, perform rigorous testing to find out other bottlenecks and perform the mentioned necessary steps repeatedly until the application meets desired accuracy.
The given methods identify and eliminate the notable bottlenecks using the absolute performance improvement approach.
Well, it was one facet; another scenario includes problems that may lead to Oracle database corruption. This is a serious situation preventing you from accessing the files of the database. It will again affect the performance. In such cases, it is a wise idea to choose a commercial Oracle recovery software application that will repair corrupt .dbf files and bring them into accessible state.
However, you need to have good information about the ingenuity of the manufacturer before grabbing it. Moreover, these applications can be found over the web and can be purchased through online purchase panel.